An Indie Musician's Guide To Film Scoring
About The Course:
"An Indie Musician's Guide To Film Scoring" is a two hour long course taught by the Houston based musician Dave Merson Hess and facilitated by Aaron Davison. The course is instantly accessible online and features a two hour hour plus audio, multiple samples of Dave's music, PDF files, screenshots and more. The course covers everything you need to know to get started in the business of film scoring, including how to find work, how to score to film, how contracts work, how you get paid and more.
About Dave Merson-Hess
Dave is a film composer that's been composing independent music for over a decade. Dave has worked in LA, Austin and Manhattan and he currently resides in Houston, TX. In addition to scoring dramatic narrative projects, Dave loves writing music for animation, documentaries and Sci-Fi films. In Dave's spare time he also runs the sleepy, nomadic Reverse Engine, a fully digital net label with free creative commons-licensed releases. Dave's music has appeared on various net labels internationally, including Headphonic (Germany), Richmond County Archives (USA), Blocsonic (USA) and Soundz From Nowhere (Luxembourg).
Here's what you'll get when you purchase "An Indie Musician's Guide To Film Scoring":
1) Two hour plus audio course - stream online or download to listen when and where you'd like.
2) Sample Videos of Dave's film scoring work. Watch samples of scenes Dave has scored.
3) Free resource section with additional information on the concepts discussed in the program.
4) Screen shots of an actual "picture wall" that Dave used to score a film.
5) 18 Page Bonus PDF with mind map example, sample cue sheets, notes on the videos included in the program and a recommended reading section.
[For a free video course on how to write music for film, television and ads, visit http://www.howtolicenseyourmusic.com/]